❤ Exotic Much? ❤

Assalamualaikum.
How are you all doing today?
I hope you had had an excellent start of the week today.

Yesterday, at around 5.30PM; while I was breastfeeding my child, I heard a big loud whooping whoosing sound. I was aware that it was raining cats and dogs outside so I paid no attention to it - might be the wind blowing something off. However, in minutes, the whooping sound got louder and more intensifying. Me, being the busy body more towards curious me, took a peek from the window pane. My oh my, it was something I had never seen before. Mr. Hubby felt so too. The wind was blowing so strong and hard that it felt as if this apartment block of ours had move an inch or two. No kidding. It was so strong that everything in it's path seemed somehow belittled. Because all these tiny buildings and items were blocking the mega wind ways, it made a loud whooping sound just to show you how strong it is. IN YOUR FACE! It was a phenomenon like no others. It remind me, of how small we are. Me, especially. Seorang hamba yang kerdil. Maybe this is an example, a small token of reminder from Allah, how the end of the world will look like. I'm not going to lie; seeing that kind of wind - it made my heart skipped a bit. What is described as *A mini hurricane that hit KL* seemed quite massive and scary to me. And when the time come, where do we have to hide? Kita mudah lupa pada Pencipta kita, yang sebenarnya mampu melakukan apa2 saja dengan kekuasaan-Nya. The time is nearing. And where are you standing. And the bigger question is where am I standing? I have soo much amends to make and hopefully I will have enough time to do so - at The Almighty willing.

On a different note,
Yesterday, Mr. Hubby was not feeling so good. He mentioned that he wanted to eat Spaghetti Oglio. All ingredients had been bought the day before except for 1 thing. Seafood *face palm* - the most important ingredients of all. Apalah kau ni Ren! Anyway, since I promised, I did make him the spaghetti WITHOUT the seafood. But I made some alteration to the recipe so it would taste tolerable to eat. Didn't I say that Mr. Hubby is easy to please when it come to foods? He said that my non-seafood spaghetti oglio was good. Hehe, nasib baik! =)
 Spaghetti Oglio for Mr. Hubby
 Spaghetti with eggs for lil baby

Habis, mama punya mana? Hei, share2 la dengan suami dan anak sendiri. Banyak cantik nak masak sampai 3 kali? Hehe

And yesterday, at work *ehem ehem*, Mr. Hubby watched Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan episode on TV. He came to learn about this one Minang Restaurant from that show and he had been talking about it since the moment he get back home till this morning. As the restaurant served pretty EXOTIC menu; which was his favorite kind of menu, so he was psyched about it. The restaurant *which I learned is not a restaurant - more like a very big cozy stall* is about 10 minutes drive from our home, so we had lunch there today. Please bear in mind, the most exotic thing I had ever had was duck eggs and that's about it. I don't even eat rabbits and ducks and birds. No siree no. Not interested at all. 

So, we arrived at the stall at about 11.30 *on purpose* to beat the lunch traffic. The food was not all quite ready yet, but some are there. We took some food to our liking and ate. 

Mr. Hubby's Menu:
Rice with
Masak lemak perut lembu *tak cuci*
Otak lembu masak lemak *yes, I said cow brains*
and Tunjang lembu *the end part of the cow's leg - if I'm not mistaken*

My Menu:
Rice with
Masak lemak telur dan tempe
Sayur pucuk ubi masak lemak

Haha.... see, see how differently we ate. Like Yin and Yang right? Show you how adventurous Mr. Hubby can be and how lame I am! Booohooo, I suck!

Hey, but can you blame me for not wanting to eat these?
The resemblance of it with the human brain only make me feel like I'm eating something out of a human body. Oh my dear, No no no, a big no. 

But, maybe I'm over reacting. The cooked version was half horrible looking than the said picture above. But, I did not have the chance to snap any picture; lil baby was sleeping all through the meal. Here's some pics I found on the net though.

Like I said, the cooked version looked only half bad right? =P
And this is the stall shop view. 
Nasi Padang Upik
Jalan Raja Alang, 50300, Kg.Baru, K.Lumpur.
014-3676783 (Ujang)

Oh well, since this is one place that have weird stuff on the menu, looks like we are going to visit this stall a whole lot more. Ye lah, hari ni Mr. Hubby belum sempat rasa usus lembu dengan pipi lembu lagi! [''-_-]

Oh and yeah, best conversation of the day:

Me: Apa rasa perut lembu tu? Kenapa kaler hitam macam tu?
Mr. Hubby: Kaler hitam sebab tak cuci bersih dalam perut tu
Me: Erks, apa rasa?
Mr. Hubby: GRASSY
Me: [''-_-]

Hahaha =P

Till next time.
Tata

xoxo
Deez

P/S: Bukan sebab cuci tak bersih yer tuan puan perut tu, memang cara masakan nyer mcm tu! Jgn pulak nnti ada org sebar cerita kedai ni masak tak bersih. Bukan begitu! =)




8 comments:

xplorer said...

Glad to know there is someone out there who love weird food as much as i did

ren said...

Oh Encik xplorer,
kalau bertemu, encik dan suami sye pasti boleh jadi rakan makan2 bersama =)
Porcupine meat? Really now? Sye ingat encik suamije yg suka makan daging sebegini rupa! aduhh! =P

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are pleasant in favor of new viewers.



My page www.asyamordina.com

Anonymous said...

I was excited to discover this page. I want to to thank you for your
time for this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you saved as
a favorite to check out new things on your site.

Feel free to surf to my site www.nacionlcc.com

Anonymous said...

Peculiar article, totally what I was looking for.


Visit my website ... Printable Blank Checks

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good job!

My webpage coffee flavorings

Anonymous said...

These are in fact wonderful ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some pleasant factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


Visit my homepage ... www.minutebff.com

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, except before end I am reading this great post to improve my experience.

my weblog - http://code6studio.com/?p=7

Post a Comment